Friday, February 18, 2011

Fork in the road

(Taken from http://rdj9.deviantart.com/art/Fork-In-The-Road-163636057)

This is where I'm at the big fork in the road. I know this sounds dramatic and it's stuff that I wanted but I'm so drained. There is a lot of emotional drama going on in my home. Various issues of relationships and injuries that are adding up to just annoyances and being tired. However the one issue that is driving me crazy is boys. I know I want guys to talk to me but I have one big common problem that is the proverbial fork in the road. I'm talking to someone and they only respond barely. So the question is do I continue to try and generate conversation or do I just let it die.

The issue with this guy is: He's somewhat cute, he has his act together -he has a job, can cook, and likes his animals, and he doesn't live too far from me. The site also said he's a 92% match. Well 92% doesn't feel so wonderful. He started the conversation by sending me a wink (which I think is tacky and pointless but to each his own) with a message that said 'hello'. This is our conversation from that point on till the current moment.

Me: Hey how's it going?
Him: slowly getting ready for work u?
Me: Just spent the day at the mall. Wanted to get a new jacket. Where do you work?
Him: I work at *store* in the *location* mall
Me: I'm in the process of job hunting. I just graduated from *college* in December. So I'm looking for a job/ studying for my GMATs to try and get into grad school.
Do you like your job? I always hear people complain about retail.
Him: I love my job its a lot of fun and I love people too
Me: So what's your specialty dish that you can make? His profile says he likes to cook about three times.
Him: meat loaf lol i make a lot of stuff


So as I sit here writing do I put myself through the motions of trying to drag conversation out of a guy? I mean in my head I think if he wanted to actually start a relationship (friend or otherwise) shouldn't he try to engage more? The reason I say it's a problem because there are so many other questions that go along with talking to a guy. Will we meet up? Does he like me? Does he want to be friends? Do I keep this going if he doesn't seem interested? Is he playing it cool? Should I play it cool? When do you call it quits?

What do you think Kristen?

Cute. But that doesn't help. Should I do what Kristen suggest and turn a blind unknowing shrug into the mix? Throw caution to the wind and proceed? Or just stand here unknowingly. For some reason I feel that last bit is the key. Why do work for something that I'm not entirely interested in. A date would be nice but it'd be a waste of time if I wasn't interested.

Dating is so stupid. I just need to keep remembering that things aren't that bad in the grand scheme. Things could be so much worse. Just hard to keep your head up all the time.

Random thing that made me laugh:
Who doesn't love a good 'Dick in a box' reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment