Thursday, January 13, 2011

Saying Goodbye.

This entry probably should have been part of the Stats entry but well you can't control time. You can only control what you do with it. Last night I was bored and I decided to look up my old Everquest character. The little gnome mage that I grew up with. 6 years of playing the same character. But when I looked at his stats my jaw hit the floor. Total time played: 77 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes.



My thoughts exactly fellas. That's scary. So I went to bed with all those thoughts swimming in my head. That's 2 months of playing a game in the span of 6 years that's crazy. I thought about it more and I realized in July I will have played WoW for 2 years. I don't want it to reach 6 years. I'm too old to spend that much time on a game. When I logged on I got an ever worse suprise

Total time played: 96 days, 14 hours, and 57 minutes.

I know CS, I know. I'm scared and ashamed as well.

96 days in the span of 18 months. That is crazy. The decision to quit actually came easy. I don't want to waste my life on a game. I barely remember anyone from Everquest or the shit I did. I don't want to follow that route with WoW. As of right now I canceled my subscription so I have till March already paid for but tonight after the raid I'm telling my guild that I got into grad school and my internship starts in a few weeks and I'm moving. So I won't be playing anymore.

The good news is I'm already Facebook friends with the people I want to stay in contact with but I will miss a few of the stupid things. Like sitting in the city listening to people say the most retarded shit in trade chat. Like last night they spent an hour changing moving titles to include the word Murloc. This is a Murloc:


They don't talk well they do but it's this amazing noise that anyone could say but never spell. I will also miss the times when you wanted to lag out a city so a ton of people would hop on their mammoths and start a mammoth train.


And that was a small chain they usually have a lot more people than that one.

So stupid shit aside I think it'll be a good move for me as a whole. I'll have more time to write and more time to spend with my family. This year's goal is to move to Europe and I can't do that sitting on a game.

The truly scary part of all this is not the time that I've wasted, or the people I've forgotten, but the fact I am truly OK with this being a part of my past. I feel so grown up and that scares me more than you could ever know...

No comments:

Post a Comment